Wednesday 26 September 2012

Green Beauty: Waterproof Mascara

My job (as an ecologist) sometimes entails working in un-favourable weather conditions, which mostly consists of rain, and lots of it.

At the end of such rainy days, I normally look in the mirror to see the majority of the mascara I was wearing half way down my face - not a good look! I therefore decided it was time to invest in a good waterproof mascara.

The Body Shop has been a brand which I grew up with, however over the last few years I appear to of passed it by. As I am trying to be a more conscious shopper, one who only uses cosmetics which are cruelty free and as 'green' as possible, it made sense for me to walk into  The Body Shop as I know none of their products are tested on animals. Ten minutes later and I left with a brand new 'big and curvy' mascara  for £10 and a promise from the shop assistant that 'this mascara will not budge'.

And she was totally right...this mascara is not going anywhere! I have now worn it on a number of occasions  including my recent holiday to Ibiza, where I swam in the sea daily and it still stayed put. The mascara also gets top marks for making my eye-lashes look pretty, I am not blessed with the thickest of lashes, but this mascara definitely lends a hand.

This mascara is great for holidays, and days where rain/emotions/sweat may be an issue. I am still sticking to my normal non-waterproof mascara day-to-day, but only because it is slightly easier to remove!

Overall this is a brilliant mascara for the price, but make sure you invest in some heavy duty eye make up remover :) 


The Body Shop: big and curvy waterproof mascara

No comments:

Post a Comment